The Low Vision Handbook for Eyecare Professionals
Item #: LVHBK
Clearly organized and simply presented, The Low Vision Handbook for Eyecare Professionals, Second Edition offers an introduction to all aspects of low vision, including a short history of low vision and the basic optics of magnifiers.
Updated and revised this second edition of The Low Vision Handbook for Eyecare Professionals provides practical material on assessing low vision patients, the psychology of visual loss, and ways to alleviate patients' common fears. Additionally, Barbara Brown explores current optical, nonoptical, and electronic devices and their appropriate uses for various patients.
Additional features include:
• Case histories to explain some differences among patients at varying levels of vision loss
• Key points and study icons that highlight topics of interest for paraprofessionals studying for their certification exams
• Addresses and websites for vendors of low vision aids and devices
• Contact information for rehabilitation centers and support agencies to benefit visually impaired patients
• Multiple references and resources for further study
The Low Vision Handbook for Eyecare Professionals, Second Edition is perfect for students of the ophthalmic and optometric sciences, introductory-level assistants and other medical office staff, as well as more experienced technicians. The easy-to-read format, user-friendly terminology, and resource information make it an invaluable book for all who assist low vision patients.