Point-of-Care Testing for Acute Conjunctivitis
Acute conjunctivitis - more commonly known as "pink eye" - affects nearly 6.9 million people in the United States every year. Approximately 1 in 4 patients with acute conjunctivitis have confirmed adenoviral conjunctivitis. QuickVue Adenoviral conjunctivits Test is the first and only CLIA-waived, point-of-care test that detects all known serotypes of adenoviral conjunctivitis.
Early and accurate diagnosis of pink eye may prevent serious consequences including morbidity. Significant overlap exists in the clinical signs and symptoms of acute conjunctivitis and misdiagnosis by eye care professionals occurs in approximately 50% of conjunctivitis cases. With QuickVue Adenoviral conjunctivitis Test you can make a rapid, accurate diagnosis before the patient leaves your office.
By implementing QuickVue Adenoviral conjunctivits Test into your practice, you can:
• Isolate and manage contagious patients
• Prevent the spread of infection
• Reduce unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions
• Reduce potential ocular allergies and toxicities associated with unnecessary antibiotic use
• Help prevent antibiotic resistance
• Identify, isolate and manage contagious patients, preventing spread to other patients and staff.
• Reduce inappropriate antibiotic use.
• Offer an accurate, fast, disposable platform that is easy to use.
Fast and Accurate
• Results in 10 minutes.
• 90% sensitivity and 96% specificity.
Easy and Convenient
• Disposable test, requires just 4 easy steps.
• Just sample, dip and read!
• No additional equipment is needed to administer or interpret.
Comes as 10 Test Kits
Quick Reference Instructions